Sunday, December 27, 2009

1984 - Early Aaron Information

I was born on June 27, 1984 at 6:33pm at Amherst Hospital in Amherst Ohio. My parents are Troy and Sue Ellen Dotson (Cotton). I am their eldest child, my younger sister Rachel Lynn was born 5 years later in 1989. My fathers parents are Roy and Jewel Dotson (both still alive at time of writing). My mothers parents were Ben and Gloria Cotton (Grandpa Ben passed away when I was 2 in 1986, and Grandma Gloria when I was 15 in 2000). My father has one brother, Keith, and one sister, Sabrina. My mother has 3 brothers, David, Paul, Joel, and one sister, Kathy. My cousins are (oldest to youngest): Matt, Lauren, Jewel, Sarah, Olivia, Bella and Allison.
The Cotton Family has lived in Northern Ohio since the early 1900's, and the Dotson's moved from Eastern Kentucky to Northern Ohio in the 1950's. Both of my parents and their siblings attended Amherst schools and all except for my Aunt Kathy lived near Amherst when I was little. My Aunt Kathy has lived in Northwestern Indiana my entire life, and worked as a librarian.
When I was born my dad worked as a manager at a local grocery store and my mother was a clerk and a fashion clothes store. We lived a house that was owned by my mother's family located in Lorain, Ohio. It was an old 2 story house that her great grandparents and aunt had lived in.The house was almost if not over 100 years old when I lived there. It had a big back yard and a big barn in the back yard. In the front yard stood a massive pine tree that could be seen from almost a mile away. To me, as a kid, that tree seemed like it was 1000 feet tall. That tree was cut down by the people who bought that house after we moved out in 1990.

No comments:

Post a Comment